Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Wallace, Missing Bike, Sandpoint, 3yr old Birthday Party & Red Lobster
A little mish mosh of everything... Yesterday we went to Wallace, Idaho for their "Flea Market Under the Bridge". What a cute little old mining town, full of history and Antique stores. :)
Later that night is when I noticed Joe's bike that I bought him for his birthday, in May, was gone. Missing. Stolen. I am so mad, I almost don't even want to talk about it. But, I guess there's not much to talk about...I went to go put the garbage cans back in the garage and that's when I noticed the missing bike. Not sure how it happened, because the garage door was shut. And we're for sure certain that we shut the garage door the last time we opened it (for this reason). So, how someone breaks into a closed garage is beyond me, because it is impossible to open without an opener or key. (believe me, we tried it about 10 times) Ahhhh!!!! so sad.

I took my mom to Sandpoint today, because I really wanted to go to the Funky Junk Antique Show. I was hoping to find a vintage letter 'e' that I have been hopelessly searching for, but no luck. It was a really cute show, a lot like Farm Chicks, but smaller. It only took an hour to go through, so we hit up the super expensive antique stores in Sandpoint and had some lunch at this really cool pizza joint right near the lake. They have the best brick oven pizza and the people that work there (a bunch of ski bums) are always so nice. I heard them saying that tomorrow is there last day open until May. Now they go to work at the ski lifts. ugh, a reminder that winter is coming!

After we left Sandpoint, we made our way back to Spokane for Nolan's 3rd Birthday Party at Jump and Play! I think I might have been the only person there without any kids :) I haven't seen Olivia in awhile and she just cracks me up. I told her that we needed to get together soon one day and maybe color (our favorite thing to do) and that I wanted to hear all about her new school. She responded, "oh yes, we can have a sleep over and do crafts. And then we can eat popcorn and discuss my school over popcorn" LOL I can't make that up! It's like saying, maybe we can discuss it over a drink. But, when your six, I guess it's popcorn. :)

To end the day, my mom, Joe & I enjoyed a yummy meal at Red Lobster. My mom's Favorite place and a rarity that she goes. (she even ordered an alcoholic drink! --gasp!)

1 comment:

Siri said...

So good to see you at the party. I am really sorry about Joe's bike:( And it was really good to meet your mom. I do need help desparately so maybe if you are over at Kelli's soon we can chat about the blog stuff! xoxo