Saturday, March 16, 2013

30 before Thirty

{find the perfect pair of black boots} √

original price   $139.95
**manager discount (40% off)     -55.98
coupon     -10.00
store credit     -30.39
tax     + 6.44
 
total out of pocket    $50.02

For the longest time I was on the lookout for a pair of black boots. And when I say long time, I'm talking a few years. I didn't really think my "must haves" were all that difficult, but apparently they were. I was looking for 1) a pair of riding boots 2) with a worn/vintage look to them and 3) I really didn't want to spend a whole lot of $$$. Oh, and of course 4) they needed to be comfortable!

After many trips to DSW (and many other stores) I happened to finally find what I was looking for. But of course they were just put out, not on sale, and a little over my budget. **On a side note, I recently bought a pair of grey boots from DSW and the zipper broke within a year. I decided to ask the manager if there was anything she could do since they no longer had that particular boot in style. She offered to pay part of my bill to get the zipper fixed or give me a discount toward a new pair of shoes. Hmmmm. I walked over to Saads Shoe Repair to see how much a zipper replacement would cost. I was informed that if I would want them to last I would need to replace both zippers with plastic ones. --Apparently metal zippers break all the time. Who would've known?!-- So instead of paying Mr. Saad $40 to fix my mediocre grey boots, I decided to take the discount from DSW and apply it to the black boots I had my eye on. With an additional coupon and store credit, I was pretty excited about my purchase. I don't wear them all that often, my brown boots are still my staple, but it's nice to have the option now!
 

 
visit a state I've never been to
run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
cut hair (short or straight across bangs) 3/4/11
get Joe to organize his mail
take a cooking class
open up an etsy shop
get married ;)
refinish our dining room table fall 2011
camp out in Yellowstone for a week
go fishing for a day
go skiing or snowboarding
make it to the coast 5/26/11
find the perfect pair of black boots 12/17/11
purchase a digital SLR 2/26/11
read a book
run a marathon
learn how to swim tread water
get Joe to try cream cheese
host a girls night
make a scrapbook for myself
learn how to sew... and sew something
take an exercise class with a friend
learn how to knit
s k y d i v e
put together a book of inspiration
make the perfect pot of chili
volunteer
create a piece of jewelry
find the perfect letter E
throw myself a kickin' 30th birthday party

No comments: