Monday, June 27, 2011

Fam visits Washington Part 1

Yes, there are going to be multiple posts :) ...only because I have so many pictures I want to include, I've decided to break it up a bit. First, I guess I should mention, who in my family came to visit... my youngest brother Corey and my sister Felicia & her fiance, Carl made the trip here last month. We had such a great time! Unfortunately, their stay was super short. They flew into Seattle on a Thursday evening and flew out of Spokane Monday evening. So they were really here for only 4 days. And when you haven't seen your fam in 5 months, four days goes by fast. Not to mention, a lot of the days were spent driving because I thought it would be a great idea to take them to Olympic National Park (since they flew into Seattle) ...see the coast, explore Seattle, and eventually make our way back to Spokane. I wanted to not only show them Spokane, but show them the Northwest. In four days.
So to start off, I will share pictures of our drive through Olympic National Park. Sadly, we really only drove through the park and got out of the car a couple of times...once to see a Large cedar tree and a handful of times to walk down to the beach. I don't think we realized how close we were to the Rain Forrest part of the park, which is what I really wanted to see. But, it's ok :)
Here is my Sister & Brother

Like I said, we spent a lot of time driving.

We ended up driving through a rainbow :) and I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture, but if you look in the upper left corner, it was a double rainbow.

This is what most of our drive looked liked, as we drove around the outskirts of Olympic National Park. Lush greenery & on-and-off rain.
 



Large Cedar Tree


And what's that poking through the trees?!

??? The coast!
??? The West coast!
??? Could it be the Pacific Ocean!

...that brings me to my next post :)

2 comments:

Siri said...

You are so brave! Do you know that I have lived here all my life (except for my brief time in Ohio) and I have never been to the coast! Good for you even though it was a long time in the car! xo

Billie said...

Such a beautiful part of the country...and it reminds me of Twilight :)