Sunday, March 10, 2013

30 before Thirty

Ahhh! I recently turned thirty, late last month! But before I post some festive birthday pictures, I feel as though I need to update my "30 before Thirty". I'm so far behind on blogging that before I can move forward I have a few more to cross off, the rest I guess will continue on, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready for a "40 before Forty" (that sounds so scary right now!) Gosh, looking at my list, I really didn't accomplish that many! But in my own defense I created my list with only two years time to finish, so I'm ok with that. Besides, it's always nice to have goals and things to work towards, especially once you start getting older and start to feel a little less adventurous. When sometimes the comfort of your own home takes over. It's so easy to get into that rut of comfort and routine and before you know it another year has passed. And then another. And then another. So my list will continue to grow and get checked off and I will force myself to do things out of my comfort zone, like learn to tread water (which I did attempt this pass summer with the help of Joe & Ashley!) So bare with me, just a few more checks before I share my birthday with you! ......


{find the perfect E} √


The reason I was on the hunt for the perfect 'E' was because for quite some time I wanted to spell out the word C-R-E-A-T-E in my craft room. I wanted the letters to be vintage signage and all different. I started collecting the letters here and there and the letter 'E' was the last I needed. However, it couldn't be red, because my 'T' was red... and it couldn't be yellow, because I had a yellow 'R'... blue was out... and so was orange... and it needed to be just the right size, not too big, not too small. I just couldn't find the perfect one! Then one day I finally spotted it! The letter 'E' from an old highway sign with the reflectors still intact. The funny thing is, I was so excited to hang up my new artwork {C-R-E-A-T-E} that once I hung it up I hated it! (I think I didn't like where I hung it more than anything.) So I took it down and the letters sat in a pile for quite some time. Then I got an idea to spell T-R-A-V-E-L, and hang that up in our living area, near our maps/globes. It seemed easy enough, I already had most of the letters, I just needed an 'L' & 'V'. So the hunt started again! Well, I found the perfect letters, but ended up spelling C-R-E-A-T-E (on a different wall in my craft room). Long story short, I never used my perfect 'E', because I'm saving it to spell T-R-A-V-E-L. Now I just need to find the perfect 'R'  :)
 

 
visit a state I've never been to
run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
cut hair (short or straight across bangs) 3/4/11
get Joe to organize his mail
take a cooking class
open up an etsy shop
get married ;)
refinish our dining room table
camp out in Yellowstone for a week
go fishing for a day
go skiing or snowboarding
make it to the coast 5/26/11
find the perfect pair of black boots
purchase a digital SLR 2/26/11
read a book
run a marathon
learn how to swim tread water
get Joe to try cream cheese
host a girls night
make a scrapbook for myself
learn how to sew... and sew something
take an exercise class with a friend
learn how to knit
s k y d i v e
put together a book of inspiration
make the perfect pot of chili
volunteer
create a piece of jewelry
find the perfect letter E
throw myself a kickin' 30th birthday party

No comments: