Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thirty before 30

{purchase a digital SLR} √
I'm So excited to announce that I now own a Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR camera!!! A birthday present from the bestest boyfriend ever! I used to take so many pictures with my old Canon Rebel 2000 SLR 35mm, that is until I lent it to my brother {many years ago} and he returned it with a broken back. Since it was a big chunk to get it fixed, I would put the film in and duct tape the back shut! It worked, but once I got the pictures developed I could tell they just weren't 100% quality. So over the years, I have relied on my sleek little mini Powershot to capture road trip memories, day trips, family events, blog snapshots... Great camera, but very limited. And the awesome thing about my new camera is that I'm able to use the three attachment lenses that I already have, including a macro lens and a zoom. I can't wait to take it on our first trip this year!

 
visit a state I've never been to
run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
cut hair (short or straight across bangs)
get Joe to organize his mail
take a cooking class
open up an etsy shop
get married ;)
refinish our dining room table
camp out in Yellowstone for a week
go fishing for a day
go skiing or snowboarding
make it to the coast
find the perfect pair of black boots
purchase a digital SLR 2/26/11
read a book
run a marathon
learn how to swim tread water
get Joe to try cream cheese
host a girls night
make a scrapbook for myself
learn how to sew... and sew something
take an exercise class with a friend
learn how to knit
s k y d i v e
put together a book of inspiration
make the perfect pot of chili
volunteer
create a piece of jewelry
find the perfect letter E
throw myself a kickin' 30th birthday party

2 comments:

The Simple Girl said...

I have that camera! I love it...but the lens isn't working, as of July, so I've been bummed for awhile. Thanks to a co-worker, she has let me borrow a Nikon, which I'm getting used to.

I love you bucket list. Hmm, maybe I should start one! :)

Siri said...

BTW: I will do a couple of those things with you...sky dive (don't tell my husband but I want to do it!) and if you need help throwing the party I love throwing parties:) Love the camera!