Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grandma's Apron

My mom recently sent me a package of some Christmas gifts that I just couldn't fit in my suitcase on the way home. She also included one of my Grandma's aprons for me to have. This must have been before my time, because all the memories I have of my Grandma include her wearing a smock with pockets in the front that she wore everyday and looked nothing like this apron. So when I opened my package and saw this cheery little thing, I had to put it on display...I dug out the "rake" end that I have (that I've never hung here, because I just didn't have the room nor anything great to hang from it) and hung it in our laundry room, right off of our kitchen. It just makes me smile. And the fact that my Grandma hand-stitched the little flower design makes it even more special, because I never knew she was so....crafty.

the apron on the left is the one I got for Christmas
from my secret santa at work :)

2 comments:

Felicia said...

I love your blog!! :) The aprons are very cute BUT you need to put the new one to good use! Have you decided to start cooking anything yet? You should type the phrase "Garlic Cheddar Chicken" into google and you get the recipe for the chicken Melissa made for the dinner. :) Learn to cook something really good so when I come visit you can cook for me!

LAURA said...

So cute Tab, and good inspiration for me, we're redoing our laundry room. Kel said maybe I could pick your brain for some fun ideas. We need to get out for a girl's night of dessert and chatting;)