Thursday, December 2, 2010

So here's the story behind the silver Christmas tree...

When my Mom was in town we came across a ViNtaGe silver Christmas tree -in its original box, each branch in its original protective sleeve, and also with its original spinning light "projector" used to light the tree. And it's not like I've always wanted a retro shiny silver tree, but it was Very ViNtaGe and perfect for my collection of ViNtaGe Christmas ornaments. The price was a steal and after some persuasion from my Mom, I made the purchase.
The story starts here. I was so nervous to tell Joe I bought a Christmas tree, a silver one at that, that I hid it in the back of my car...   FOR  A  VERY  LONG  TIME.  And when I say hid, I guess I didn't really hide it per say, I just kept it in my car for TWO months. I can't begin to tell you how many times Joe opened the back to put something in or take something out, and each time he was oblivious of the big box, marked "Christmas Tree".
Now, I don't like keeping things from Joe. I love keeping secrets, but I don't know that this falls into that category. I was eventually going to have to tell him. I couldn't hide a 6 1/2 foot silver Christmas tree forever. And let me tell you, I have never been more nervous the day I told Joe about my purchase. Of course now I laugh about it, but I was nervous! When I told him that I had bought a Christmas tree while my Mom was in town, he asked, "when do we pick it up?" LOL! Um, that's when I told him it was in the back of my car (this whole time!) If you guys only knew how many times he went back there!

The rest went well and Joe was surprisingly ok with the fact that we now owned a shiny ViNtaGe silver Christmas tree... that was until I told him that it is was going to be our "secondary" tree. Yes, I'm one of those people that love decorating and would have a tree in every room if I could. Joe is more practical and doesn't really understand the need for more than one tree, and I understand that, but sometimes the more the merrier :)

3 comments:

LAURA said...

I agree with you Tab, the more the merrier for sure, we had 3 trees one year and it was so magical. That's the beauty of getting them in the woods I guess, you can afford to get a house full of them when they're 5 bucks! Can't wait to see what other little Christmas treasures you have hidden...

Felicia said...

Melissa was showing mom all of the pictures on the way home today! (and me while I was driving!) 21 days!!!!!

Kelli said...

Tab~this tree is awesome! It's straight from the 70's for sure! Something Derek & Lil could add to their collection~lol! Wish I'd know you guys wanted another tree, we would have cut one down for you last week! Xo