Monday, January 11, 2010

Things are just now starting to settle down

It has been such a long time since I have posted, I am so sorry! My life has been very hectic the last 4 weeks (and not to mention, we don't have Internet at the apartment yet)...

First off, I just want to say I had an amazing Christmas with my family. My only complaint is it went by too quick! Christmas came and it seemed like right after I was busy trying to get the car packed with all my things. I honestly felt like I should have been on the show "Hoarders". I packed every inch of my Trailblazer. And when I say every inch I mean EVERY inch!! Seats down, boxes ontop of boxes, cornhole boards (one of Joe's Christmas gifts), suitcases, a cooler, and plants. Yes, I took my plants, only 7 of 9 though :) Neadless to say, it was a very cloastrophobic trip. We couldn't even see out our back window. Thank you to my sister Felicia for taking Carter, one of our Betta fish. And thank you to my Aunt Bernice for taking Trixy, the other one. I can't believe I planned on taking them across the country!

The week before Christmas, I was on the go go go...trying to say goodbye to all my dear friends and family. It was a very sad time and nothing could have prepared myself for saying goodbye to my mom and brothers & sister. It brings tears in my eyes just thinking about it. I knew it was going to be hard, but it was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. It broke my heart to see my mom cry (it doesn't happen very often). I cried all the way to Columbus (3 hours away from home)...it didn't help that Felicia & Corey burned me a Road Trip mix that included a bunch of sad songs. (But I love it and listen to it everytime I'm in my car!)

I miss all of you more than you know! Wow...I'm sitting at a coffee shop right now getting all teary eyed! I don't even know if I can type out what I want to say right now without tears rolling down my face.

Mom, I miss hanging out with you and going antique shopping. I miss seeing your face. I wish I could call you more often, but with your schedule of working midnights I never know when your sleeping or up. You'll always say it doesn't matter, but with all the hours you work I hate calling you and waking you up. (I joke around that my mom needs a Twitter...all she would ever have to say is "Sleeping" or "Awake", lol) I miss you mom, and hopefully one day you can come out here to visit!

Corey, I miss you!!! I don't think I'm going to be able to watch Greys without you...maybe we can buy this season when it comes out on DVD and have a Greys Season 6 marthon. I miss your hugs and cuddling with you on the couch and you always keeping me warm. I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you were sick, it really did hurt me. But, I'm glad you're doing better!! I love you.

Felicia, thank you for always being there for me and always answering my phone calls. I miss your bubbly personality. Your always giggling, talking, laughing...when I'm having a bad day, just thinking of you makes me happy! You have been bugging me to update my blog the minute I left Ohio...sorry it has taken me a month! I know you are happy and I no longer worry about you, because I know Carl takes good care of you :) xoxo

Ryan, Happy Belated Birthday!!! Once again, I missed it, third year in a row. But know I was thinking about you all day. I think about you a lot, know that...it's just so hard to get a hold of you!!! Call me sometime. Love you.

Quentin & Melissa, I know we don't talk very often, but I love you both. You are such a wonderful couple and always so much fun to be around. I really wish one day you guys will decide to skip the cruise and make your way to Washington one day. Quentin, you would love the outdoors here and Melissa...well we have a pool at our place :)

Hopefully soon I will update with some pictures of our road trip, but until then...
xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cried the entire time I read it... gee thanks tabitha!! :'( lol I miss you so much! I can't wait to get to see you again and for you to put the pictures up so I can see what everything looks like in detail. Miss you and can't wait to see you! :) love you xoxo your stalker

Anonymous said...

I cried when I read this... Missing you - Felicia and Karl are here and she just showed me how to send a message to you. Your Mom just left - Great that she was able to come up. Theresa & John, Billie & Steve, Ben, Ivy are here for the weekend. It took Billie 5 hours to get here from Columbus - UGH! The SNOW STORM wasn't fun to drive in. We spent the day sledding off the dining room porch steps onto the back yard. Now it's Apples to Apples with everyone. I'll catch up with you again soon. Love You!

Melissa and Quentin said...

Hi Tabitha! Hope you are settled in! I love your blogs, can't wait to see some pics of your new place! We will skip the cruise soon and visit :)
Happy Birthday to you soon!
Love you! Melissa & Quentin